We do not have any scheduled delegations at this time. If you are interested in organizing a delegation with us or would like to receive notice about our next delegation, please contact us.
FEBRUARY 17-26, 2017: HONDURAS & NICARAGUA COMPARE & CONTRAST
The ATC will be coordinating the Nicaragua-side of this important delegation. With urgent calls for solidarity with Honduras (especially with peasant and indigenous community leaders), this delegation will learn about the shared histories and distinct political realities of Honduras and Nicaragua. Meeting with sisters and brothers in peasant struggle will be a major component of this delegation.
JUNE 20 – JULY 1, 2016: FOOD SOVEREIGNTY & AGROECOLOGY IN NICARAGUA
The Friends of the ATC is pleased to announce its first delegation to Nicaragua, which will focus on the themes of food sovereignty and agroecology. This delegation is organized in partnership with the Via Campesina organizations of Nicaragua and the Alliance for Global Justice.
Dates: June 20-July 1, 2016
Cost: $1250 plus airfare. Trip fee includes lodging, meals, in-country transport, translation, and staff coordination. Scholarships are available (please contact us for more information).
Itinerary is still TBD, but potential visits include:
- Escuela Internacional de Agroecología, Santo Tomás, Chontales (central farm and school of IALA Mesoamérica)
- Escuela Campesina Francisco Morazán, Managua (the regional gathering center for Via Campesina in Central America)
- Agroecological demonstration farm, Masaya
- Cooperativa Gloria Quintanilla, Santa Julia, Carazo (a women’s cooperative formed by a beloved ATC political leader)
- Institutito Agroecológico Rudolfo Sanchez Bustos, Santa Emilia, Matagalpa (a school of agronomy and other cooperative trainings)
- Coffee cooperative, Matagalpa
- Fundación Entre Mujeres & Central de Cooperativas Multisectoriales Las Diosas, Estelí (a feminist organization and collection of cooperatives – more info can be found on p. 36 here)
- Escuela de Tabaco, Estelí (where workers are trained in cigar factory work & union organizing)
- Cigar factory, Estelí
- Unión de Cooperativas Agropecuarias de Nueva Segovia, Somoto, Madriz (a union of agricultural cooperatives along the Honduran border)
To apply for the delegation, we need the following from you:
- Completed application form: Nicaragua Delegation Application (.doc) (includes Applicant Information & Delegation Release Form). Please email completed applications & release forms (excluding payments) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Erika Takeo, Friends of the ATC, 2515 Olive Street, Eugene, OR 97405, USA.
- Your trip deposit. A deposit of $200 is due as part of your application. Your application is not considered complete until you have submitted the trip deposit.
Payments are processed through the Friends of the ATC’s fiscal sponsor, the Alliance for Global Justice. Checks (payable to “Friends of the ATC/AFGJ” with “Nicaragua delegation” in the memo line) can be mailed to: Alliance for Global Justice, 225 E 26th Street, Suite 1, Tucson, AZ 85713, USA. Online payments can be made through this link.
Please note: The full cost of the delegation is $1250. The price includes all meals, housing, in-country transportation, airport pick-up and delivery, translation and program. You are responsible for international airfare and personal expenses. Full payment must be received by May 20, 2016. It will be refunded if Friends of the ATC or you cancel the delegation on or before May 20, 2016. Do not make flight reservations before you receive notice that the delegation is confirmed.
Please turn in your application form and trip deposit (emailed and/or postmarked) no later than April 15, 2016 (but it helps both you and us if you apply early!). We will notify you as soon as possible when we receive your application and deposit and to confirm the status of your application.
If you have any questions, please contact Erika Takeo at email@example.com or +1 503.703.9683.